Home Inspection and Real Estate Forum for Home Inspectors and Real Estate Professionals
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics  
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 

What is a Home Inspection?
question about Terms used for TI report  XML
Forum Index » Thermal Imaging
Author Message

Joined: 06/19/2014 09:39 AM EDT
Messages: 124
Location: Bourbonnais, Il

Agent asked me yesterday about a thermal inspection that was done for her son in Florida. Her ? was about the wording the inspector used. He told her that a wall behind the tub showed a higher density than the other walls and so this meant it was full of water. I am not a thermal imager but I always thought that it measured "thermal" properties, not mass density properties.
They tore open the wall, found a small section to seal up, but to do it had to remove the shower drain pan. Whole lot of work, but no where near what the image was supposedly showing.
So, is the term density used in TI inspections or is it thermal imaging? Thanks

815-644-6271 Call or text
We answer 24/7
Home Inspection
Prelisting Inspections
Mold and Air Quality Testing
Retired-Scoutmaster Troop 324
Director- Project Re:Cycle Bicycle Charity
Green Bay Packer Shareholder
Forum Index » Thermal Imaging
Go to:   
© 2014 Inspector Services Group